Head of Processing
Company/Location: Mekong Timber Plantations - Laos PDR
Mekong Timber Plantations manages an existing plantation estate in Laos with a focus on improving silvicultural practices and ensuring the business meets international best practices for responsible forest management.
The company has approximately 24,000 hectares of lease area in Bolikhamxay and Khammouane provinces under a concession agreement. Mekong Timber Plantations will focus on its existing core estate of around 18,000 hectares of tropical hardwoods.
MTP is now in the final stages of planning a wood processing facility, and we are seeking an ambitious person be form part of the final design, construction and operation of the facility as Head of Processing, reporting to the General Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and direction for the construction and operation of an integrated wood processing plant in Laos.
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the work activities and resources for the processing plant.
- Lead the team toward company’s goals including FSC certification and IFC Performance standards compliance.
- Ensure all cost, quality and quantity controls and that specifications are met.
- Manage a range of operational activities such as.
- Reviewing processing schedules and production orders in line with inventory and staffing requirements.
- Initiating and coordinating inventory and cost control programs.
- Setting and monitoring production standards.
- Developing and implementing production tracking and quality control systems; and
- Directing and coordinating production, processing and distribution activities.
- Tertiary trade qualifications or a diploma / university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a wood processing operation.
- Demonstrated management experience and a strong understanding of saw, veneer and chip mill operations.
- Experience in setting up and managing FSC Chain of Custody certification.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve financial and operational outcomes.
- Experience in leading and managing a team to achieve operational outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience working remote area locations and managing a large, diverse team would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ‘hands-on’ approach to managing financial issues.
- Analyse production processes leading toward improvement.
- Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English is essential
If you are interested, please send your application with cover letter and CV to the contacts below:
HR Manager: Niphavanh Keovilay
E-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +856 (0) 21 353 511
Application closes: 16 August 2020.