NZIF Awards Applications Open
Wednesday 22 Jun 2022
The awards open for application are:
• A Future Forest Scholarship for post graduate research of up to $10,000
The New Zealand Redwood Company Scholarship of $5,000 for an undergraduate scholarship at the University of Canterbury School Forestry
• Otago Southland Awards to a total of $5,200 to assist project for forestry in the region
• A Mary Sutherland Scholarship of $1,000 for a polytechnic student
• A University Undergraduate Scholarship of $1,000
• A Frank Hutchinson Postgraduate scholarship of $1,000
• Student poster prizes at NZIF Conference (1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $800, $500 and $200)
Applications are now open. For more details and an application form click here.
Applications must be received by the Foundation administrator (email@example.com) by 5pm on Monday, 22 August 2022. Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner at the NZ Institute of Forestry conference in Auckland on 11-13 September 2022.
Enquires to the Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 04-974-8421.
Membership of NZIF is not a requirement for application.
About the NZIF Foundation - The NZIF Foundation was established in 2011 by the NZ Institute of Forestry to advance education in relation to forestry. This includes encouraging and supporting forestry related research, education and training through the provision of grants, scholarships and prizes; promoting the acquisition, development and dissemination of forestry related knowledge and information and other activities that do not conflict with the charitable purpose.
For the purposes of these awards, forestry is broadly defined to include all those activities involved in the management and use of forests and their products, the objects of which are the production of wood or other forest benefits and the maintenance of the environment in its most beneficial form. All forests in New Zealand, whatever their purpose, are encompassed in the definition.
Copyright 2004-2022 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.