Company/Location: Log Marketing New Zealand Ltd
Job Description:Log Marketing is an Invercargill-based business specialising in the procurement/marketing of forest woodlots/plantations within the Southland and Otago regions. We provide expertise/advice in forest establishment/management to ensure our clients optimise their returns from their forestry investments.
Overseeing/managing the log supply for Niagara sawmill based at Kennington along with the recent addition of Craigpine sawmill at Winton has seen an increase in demand for log supply, woodlot acquisition and harvest crew management within our business.
We have an excellent opportunity for someone who has had experience in log procurement and experience in the overseeing and management of harvesting operations or has proven skills/experience to be successful in this role.
Ideally we looking for someone with relevant tertiary based qualifications for this role however would consider someone with proven industry experience and skill base.
This role will primarily involve;
A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is vital in the role and you must have a proven ability to build effective working relationships and maintain clear communication. The successful candidate will also have;
- Dealing with forest owners and customers in the process of procuring and marketing their woodlots.
- Supervision of logging crews.
- Carrying out operational audits to ensure Health & Safety and Environmental compliance meets industry standards.
- Assisting with Forest inventory and harvest data collection.
The scope and level of responsibility of this role may vary to suit the candidate’s skills and abilities and a remuneration package will be negotiated in line with this.
- A high level of integrity, honesty and be self-motivated.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office/Excel would be advantageous.
- The ability to work independently and display a high level of communication skills.
If you would like to know more about this position please contact Greg Lindsay on +64 027 683 8523. To apply, please visit https://kgr.qjumpersjobs.co/ or click apply now.
Log Marketing is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is a requirement for employment.